Friday, June 17, 2016

Getting to Know Your International Contacts 3


Image result for fine arts center

My professional goal is to own a fine arts and academic enrichment center that offers the arts and academics to ages two through 102. I want to provide an educational experience that doesn't just include art but fuses art and academics together in one setting. My dream is to have enough funding where parents can apply for grants and scholarships, and we will have fee waivers based on income level, so that all children will have the opportunity to be a part of this kind of experience. Teachers in my center will be paid well and will also be expected to undergo continual professional development, evaluations, and training in order to be the best they possibly can be.

I toured UNESCO's Early Childhood Care and Education webpage to see if I could find any insights that aligned with my professional goals. What I found was that UNESCO has international treaties that protect heritage and culture and the fostering of creativity worldwide. These treaties are in effect in order for historical artifacts, museums, traditions, and the like are protected from extinction and destruction. This may seem to be as far away from my goal as it could get, but in all actuality, it is more similar than you think. I want my center to plant a seed that will enable children and adults to water their own traditions, thoughts, expressions, in hopes that their own heritages and ideas will never die. Art education is that to me: a way to keep alive persons, places, and things that otherwise may lose their voices in the times that pass. 

Reference
UNESCO. (2016). Early childhood care and education. Retrieved from http://www.unesco.org/new/en/education/themes/strengthening-education-systems/early-childhood/

2 comments:

  1. Hello Felicia,
    I can appreciate the depth that you are seeking to take your facility and arts can definitely assist you with that process. It is a beautiful thing when you can not only incorporate what you love into your childcare program which may serve to encourage and inspire children even beyond scholastics but into the arts as well. I too have the idea to incorporate basic piano playing into my program and I too am excited about that. So, I truly understand your drive and your passion.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Good luck on your goal of opening a fine arts and academic enrichment facility!! I also looked over the website. I love your vision to help keep their heritages and ideas alive.

    ReplyDelete